M/WBE participation will be an emphasis at all outreach events. We believe that the workforce on our projects should mirror the diverse communities that we work and live in. To view the strategies, approaches and specific steps that will be used in implementing an outreach plan to ensure inclusion of entities owned by minorities and women visit the M/WBE page.
The America’s Center Convention Complex is undergoing an improvement and expansion project, known as Cervantes Convention Center Expansion at The America’s Center (AC Next GEN).
About the Project
The project will build on the momentum our community is experiencing and positions St. Louis competitively for years to come in the national convention market segment that will return to coincide with the completion of the enhancements
America’s Center Convention Complex will be updated, modernized, and expanded to include the following:
- Redesigned and enhanced exhibit space, which changes the exhibit hall layout of the Complex allowing the facility to host larger events.
- An estimated 61,000 square feet signature multi-purpose ballroom and meeting area with 20,000 square feet pre-function event space for clients, positioning St. Louis dominantly in its competitive set.
- Construction of two and a half times the current amount of loading docks and renovation of existing docks that will all be enclosed to enhance access and aesthetics of the building and surrounding areas.
- 22,000 square feet of new support space to improve service access to current and new exhibit halls and ballrooms.
- An outdoor events plaza to serve the needs of convention attendees and improve the convention center district ambiance for residents and area workers as well.
- Refurbishment of the central Washington Avenue entrance, which serves as St. Louis’ front door for the hundreds of thousands of event attendees who visit the Complex.
- The Dome will remain a flexible multi-purpose venue for meeting planners and other clients hosting large-scale events and activities.
Check out the renderings!
Take the virtual tour of the existing facilities