OUTREACH & PARTICIPATION
M/WBE will be an emphasis at all outreach events. We believe that the workforce on our projects should mirror the diverse communities that we work and live in. The following strategies, approaches and specific steps will be used in implementing an outreach plan to ensure inclusion of entities owned by minorities and women.
- Prime Contractors will be encouraged to seek M/WBE participation and leverage the use of M/WBE directory to assist with maximum exposure to certified businesses and firms to develop relationships and enhance inclusion. The directory is located on the Business Diversity Development webpage: M/WBE and DBE Directory for City of St. Louis.
- Provide direction for certification as M/WBE contractors within the City of St. Louis by offering virtual info sessions on the requirements, networking opportunities and guidance and education about bidding opportunities.
Our M/WBE workforce participation is managed by the St. Louis City and County ordinances.
Ordinance both manage, monitor and utilize the certification of M/WBE’s and its prime contractors. They require their managing authority to create, maintain and adopt rules and procedures to govern the M/WBE’s and its prime contractors.
The City and County have agreed to the following project subcontract goals:
- 21% for African American-owned business enterprises
- 2% for Hispanic American-owned business enterprises
- .5% for Asian American-owned business enterprises
- .5% for Native American-owned business enterprises
- 11% for Women-owned business enterprises.
The Business Diversity Development Resource for Contractors
Connect to Certified Firms
Certification Workshops & Virtual Events
M/WBE Resources & Tools